Monday, February 9, 2009

Hot Lime Jello...

On days like today I miss being a kid! Last Friday while subbing, I had 2 kids sent home for being sick. Since I haven't been sick in a while, I should have seen it coming! Saturday night I felt my throat getting sore and sure enough Sunday morning I was cruddy! Today was worse than yesterday...but vitamin C, off brand DayQuil, and cider have helped me survive. I say it makes me miss being a kid, because when I was sick three thing that was certain was a doctor visit (which I hated), a trip to McDonald's, if I got a shot, for a Happy Meal, and hot lime Jello that GrandySue was sure would make it all better! I always loved curling up on the couch with a blanket, watching cartoons/whatever GrandyMack was watching, and sipping on hot lime Jello! Tomorrow should be a better day...hopefully! High school here I come...again! :)
JP kinda had a rough day today. He did good on his test today but has a chance tomorrow to do better. We stayed up until 12 studying for that test and then he woke up again this morning at 4:30 to study some more. Needless to say he is taking a nap before studying anymore today. Push-ups are still getting him down.
Some have asked what happened to his hair. Well, JP had the idea that we could do it ourselves instead of paying the $12 every 2 weeks to go get it done. So we went and bought a kit. He hopped into the tub, so not to get hair everywhere, and began to start working on it. I came in and he wanted me to shave the bottom and then blend it. Easy right? NO...so we ended up shaving it all off. He said he didn't want to worry about fixing it everyday...so it's stayed like that for now. I'm not such a fan of it but it's starting to "grow" on me.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sorry you are feeling like poo. And, you're right, fading hair is not easy to do...I just make him pay the money :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling better.

Your hair...it is sooooo cute. I like the short look on you. JP's hair is cute too. :) I cut Michael's hair all the time. He said if I can clip a calf I can cut his hair. LOL.

I hope things are going well for you. XOXO!